Shady Rest Motel in Oshkosh, Nebraska offers:
- Spotless, clean rooms.
- Ample parking space, and within walking distance of all services
- Individual coffee makers in all rooms
- Each room has its own individual heater and air conditioner for guests comfort.
- Lighted dressing tables, writing desks, and color televisions
- Cable Television
- Nicely kept grounds with well established lawn and shade trees plus some new landscaping.
- Picnic and barbecue areas
- Pets allowed with some units
- Goose Hunting Capital of the Nation -
Oshkosh and the surrounding areas in Garden County is known worldwide for its
spectacular goose hunting! Other game include pheasant, prairie grouse, duck, antelope, and deer.
Our claim to fame, however, is our legendary gathering of Canadian geese during the winter.
- Centrally located between
- Crescent Lake
National Wildlife Refuge - Over 45,000 acres of park dotted with lakes, wetlands,
and sandhills. Established as a nesting and migratory bird refuge, Crescent Lake National Wildlife Refuge has the third most number of
documented bird species in the entire US, making it a Birdwatchers Haven! Includes auto tour route.
Designated areas open to hunting and fishing.)
- Lake McConaughy and
Lake Ogallala Kingsley Dam and Lake McConaughy offers white sand beaches, year round fishing,
hunting, boating, water-skiing, jet-skiing, and all types of water sports. When Lake Mac
is full to capacity, there are over 105 miles of shoreline. Trophy bass, walleye and
catfish have all been taken here!
Lake Ogallala offers an Eagle Aerie for viewing the nesting Bald Eagles and has the best trout fishing
in the area.
- Oregon and Mormon Trails -
Oshkosh is located in one of the most beautiful valleys that showcases the North Platte
River and is the historical location of the Mormon and Oregon Trails.
- Ash Hollow State Park -
1,000 plus acres! Less than a 15 minute drive to this fantastic historical site in Garden County.
The modern visitor center unravels the geological, paleontologic and prehistoric history,
showcases native American Indians of the area, and explains the military, and 19th century fur trappers,
explorers and pioneers.
A 16-minute video traces how man used Ash Hollow from prehistoric times through
the emigrant days of the mid-1800s.
The Ash Hollow Indian Cave is now covered with a building for protective purposes,
but still open to the public during visitor center hours.
More than 30 million years of geologic history can be examined at the park.
Enjoy hiking trails, picnic grounds, visit the old sod school house, view the deeply carved ruts left by
travelers on the Oregon Trail.
- On the Yellowstone
National Park Highway (U.S. Hwy 26) A Scenic Byway.
- Oshkosh is County Seat of Garden County. The courthouse and county offices are within walking distance from the Shady Rest Motel.
- One block from the Oshkosh
public swimming pool. FREE swimming for the entire family through-out the summer!
- Two FREE museums within
blocks. Open daily all summer, and by appointment year round.
- Nearby 9-hole golf course and Country Club. The par 36 hole course will test every golfer.
Green fees are minimal for the non-members who want to try this outstanding course.